Written by: Samhati Bhattacharjya
Priyanka Chopra, better known as PeeCee, has come a long way in the world of cinema. Today, in a world where there has been a lot of ongoing controversies about ‘nepotism’, this ‘Desi Girl’ has turned out to be a self-made princess whose name oozes success, glamour and star power.
At the age of 18, Priyanka came into the limelight after winning the Miss World Pageant in 2000. Since then, the actress has never looked back. Whether it’s a lead character or villain, Priyanka has flaunted her talent with utmost confidence. The actress has won the National Film Award, the Filmfare Award and several other prestigious awards for her work.
After ruling the Bollywood with her power packed performances, model turned actress Priyanka Chopra made headlines in Hollywood as well. The actress, who earned global recognition for her role in American TV drama Quantico, sizzled in Seth Gordon’s film Baywatch. As the actor turns 35 today, let’s take a look at some of the interesting facts about Priyanka Chopra. All you Piggy Chops fans out there, you might think that you know everything about about Priyanka. Not necessarily!
1. For all those who thought that Priyanka Chopra made her acting debut with Bollywood film, The Hero: Love Story Of A Spy, here’s some news. The actress made her acting debut with Tamil film Thamizhan in year 2002 opposite actor Vijay. However, her original debut that never took off was K C Bokadia’s shelved Ek Haseena Ek Deewana with Govinda.
2. Priyanka Chopra was the original choice to play the character of the ill-fated courtesan in J P Dutt’a Umrao Jaan. However, owing to her blocked date diary for Bluffmaster, she had to let go of the role that was eventually portrayed by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
3. Priyanka had turned down the offer to act as Phaedra in Tarsem Singh’s Hollywood fantasy movie “Immortals” as the shooting schedule clashed with Vishal Bhardwaj’s “7 Khoon Maaf“.
4. PeeCee is the first-ever Indian actor to have her foot impression casted in the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum in Italy, joining the likes of Audrey Hepburn and Marliyn Monroe.
5. Priyanka is extremely fond of cars and she owns a Porsche Cayenne, BMW 7-Series and Mercedes S-Class.
6. In January 2006, Priyanka was featured on the cover of the first issue of the Indian edition of Maxim. She is the only woman to be included in Maxim Hot 100 that the magazine releases every year.
7. Many of you must be thinking that Priyanka avoids junk food and maintains a strict diet. Here is the time for reality check. Don’t get fooled by her sexy, slender frame. Priyanka is a self-confessed junk food addict and is ever ready to binge on her favourite French fries or pizza.
8. Priyanka also has a soft corner for wild animals and the Cancerian adopted Durga, a tigress and a lioness named Sundari. She is responsible for their well-being in Ranchi’s Birsa Biological Park.
9. Priyanka was considered for the inclusion in the Guinness World Records book for being the first actress who played 12 roles in a single movie, Ashutosh Gowarikar’s “Whats your Rashee” which didn’t performed well in the Bollywood box office.
10. Priyanka has won the title of “World’s Sexiest Asian Woman” by Eastern Eye three times in 2006, 2012 and 2014.
Favourite actor: Kishore Kumar, Mel Gibson
Favourite actress: Rekha, Sushmita Sen
Favourite perfume: Ralph Lauren Romance
Favourite colour: Red
Favourite movie: Aditya Chopra’s Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Favourite holiday destination: Thailand